Vice President Kamala Harris, Advocates and Families to Celebrate First Child Tax Credit Payments in Virtual Event
07. 12. 2021
As families receive their first payment of the recently expanded Child Tax Credit, ESP and Building Back Together will host a virtual event.
On Thursday, as families receive their first payment of the recently expanded Child Tax Credit, Economic Security Project and Building Back Together will host a virtual celebration of the Child Tax Credit featuring Vice President Kamala Harris, Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary Senators Elizabeth Warren and Raphael Warnock, Congresswomen Rosa DeLauro and Barbara Lee, Reverend William Barber II, Robert Griffin III, Natalie Foster, Rashad Robinson, Ai-jen Poo, Sara Nelson, and advocates, artists, and families from across the country.
The event, “Family Matters: A Virtual Celebration of the Child Tax Credit” will begin at 2pm ET and be emceed by Economic Security Project Co-Chair and Community Change Co-President Dorian Warren and Melissa Harris Perry, Founding Director of the Anna Julia Cooper Center. It follows a week of more than 35 events across the country joined by elected officials, local leaders, and families to raise awareness of the new tax credit.
The Child Tax Credit, which was expanded and made monthly in the American Rescue Plan passed by the Democratic Congress and signed into law by President Biden, will give nearly 90% of families a new tax credit of up to $300 a month per child beginning on July 15th.
The event will be co-sponsored by over 30 organizations: Community Change, The Care Can’t Wait Coalition, Center for the Study of Social Policy, Children’s Defense Fund, Children’s HealthWatch, Color Of Change, Colorado People’s Alliance, Community Advocates Public Policy Institute, Down Home North Carolina, Fighting Chance for Families, First Focus on Children, Fuerza, Golden State Opportunity, High Ground Institute, Income Movement, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Lift, Marshall Plan for Moms, Mayors for Guaranteed Income, Mi Familia Vota, MomsRising, Mother’s Outreach Network, MoveOn, National Women’s Law Center, ParentsTogether Action, People’s Action, RESULTS, SaverLife, Springboard To Opportunities, United State of Women, Universal Income Project, and West Virginia Citizen Action Group.
WHAT: Family Matters: A Virtual Celebration of the Child Tax Credit
WHEN: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 2:00pm ET
- Vice President Kamala Harris
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Massachusetts U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren
- Georgia U.S. Senator Raphael Warnock
- Connecticut U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro
- California U.S. Representative Barbara Lee
- Robert Griffin III, NFL quarterback
- The Poor People’s Campaign Co-Chair Reverend William Barber II
- National Domestic Workers Alliance Co-Founder and Executive Director Ai-jen Poo
- Color Of Change President Rashad Robinson
- Association of Flight Attendants-CWA President Sara Nelson
- MomsRising Executive Director & CEO Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner
- National Domestic Workers Alliance Civic Engagement Jess Morales Rocketto
- Former Stockton, California, Mayor Michael Tubbs
- Community Change Co-President Dorian Warren
- Anna Julia Cooper Center Founding Director Melissa Harris Perry
- Economic Security Project Co-Chair Natalie Foster
- Building Back Together Advisor Addisu Demissie
- Parents and families from across the country
WHERE: facebook.com/economicsecproj and markham.live/childtaxcredit