Liberation in a Generation’s webinar, “From Big Business to a Liberation Economy: A Racial Justice Agenda to Rein in Monopoly Power,” explores how corporate power intersects with racial justice, the consequences of unchecked monopoly power, and the future of a Liberation Economy. Guest speakers include Gabrielle Rejouis of Athena Coalition, Brandi Collins-Dexter of Harvard Kennedy’s School, Dionne Sims of Black Garnet Books, and Emanuel Nieves of Liberation In A Generation. This webinar revolves around understanding the stakes and consequences of monopoly power while centering the communities of color who bear its heaviest burdens, and providing thought-provoking policy solutions.
For more resources on curbing corporate power, you can also check out the following:
From the Panelists:
- Color of Change’s Black Tech Agenda: TECH POLICY + RACIAL JUSTICE.
- Read Main Street Alliance’s Latest Report: Reining in Monopoly Power: A Concept Paper for Small Businesses.
- How to Resist Amazon and Why: The Fight for Local Economics, Data Privacy, Fair Labor, Independent Bookstores, and a People-Powered Future! (All purchases made using this link will directly support Black Garnett bookstore).
From Liberation in a Generation:
- Read LibGen’s report: “From Big Business to a Liberation Economy: A Racial Justice Agenda to Rein in Monopoly Power.”
- Commentary from Azza Altiraifi and Sasha Hammad: “Reclaiming Antimonopoly for Racial and Economic Justice.”
From Economic Security Project:
- Read their most recent antimonopoly report: From Moment to Movement: The Antimonopoly Fund.
- Economic Security Project’s update on public options: Public Options Bring the Public Back into Governance.