Join us in Atlanta on December 6 and 7th for a strategic convening with state tax credit campaigners! Register now!
We are excited to get together to share lessons learned from 2023 and brainstorm our 2024 tax credit campaigns so that we can get more cash in the hands of all hard working people regardless of age, ability to work a traditional job, or immigration status.
What: Cashing in: Winning Big Bold Tax Credits in States
When: December 6th and 7th
Where: Loudermilk Center, Atlanta
(More details for travel and hotel accommodations to follow)
Accommodations will be provided by Economic Security Project at The Westin, Peachtree Plaza. Need support for airfare? We have travel scholarships available, please let us know if needed when you register.
In 2023, states across the country won big in the form of tax credits for workers and families. With smart policies and strategic organizing campaigns we won:
- Minnesota, Oregon, and Maryland created new permanent Child Tax Credits
- Hawaii is doubling the amount residents get in their Earned Income Tax Credit and Michigan quintupled their state’s EITC.
- New Jersey and New Mexico doubled the amount given to families in their Child Tax Credit
- Vermont expanded eligibility to tax credits to ALL immigrant residents
- New York expanded their Child Tax Credit to include kids under 4
- …and more.
This year’s wins meant that states across the country will be giving an additional $2 billion dollars to 3.5 million households across 17 states — and counting. When the federal government fails us, states step up!
But these wins didn’t happen out of nowhere. How did policy experts and organizers win these campaigns and how do we win bigger for hard working families across the country? Join us in Atlanta in December to learn from our successes and challenges, and strategize how we can win more money for more people in 2024 and beyond!
Have questions or ideas for sessions and workshops? Drop us a line! Email [email protected].